- abbr. United States Air Force.
* * *nounthe airforce of the United States of America; the agency that defends the United States through control and exploitation of air and space• Part Holonyms: ↑Department of Defense, ↑Defense Department, ↑United States Department of Defense, ↑Defense, ↑DoD• Part Meronyms:↑Air Force Research Laboratory, ↑AFRL, ↑United States Air Force Academy, ↑US Air Force Academy, ↑Air Combat Command, ↑ACC, ↑Air Force Space Command, ↑AFSPC, ↑Air National Guard, ↑ANG, ↑Air Force Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, ↑Air Force ISR, ↑AFISR
* * *abbrevUnited States Air Force
* * *USAF (no period) or U.S.A.F.,United States Air Force.
* * *abbrUnited States Air Force
* * *USAF [USAF] [ˌjuː es eɪ ˈef] [ˌjuː es eɪ ˈef] abbreviationUnited States Air Force
Useful english dictionary. 2012.